The K-State Department of Agricultural Economics hires and retains expert faculty and professional staff who are committed to advancing the departmental mission of improving economic choices and management decisions through teaching, research, and extension. When positions become available, we strive to select the best and brightest to contribute toward serving our various constituents, including individuals, families, farms, businesses, communities, organizations, and policy makers.
TITLE: Extension Assistant, Land Use Value Program
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due March 23, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Conduct activities used to establish the net return of dryland, irrigated land and grassland in Kansas.
- Collect and analyze data on commodity prices, yields, rental rates, expenses, etc. from government agencies, published data, and surveys.
- Conduct multiple surveys annually, both electronically and hard copy.
- Collect and analyze survey data.
- Update and maintain survey instruments and multiple databases.
- Implement procedures and provide documentation of procedures used in all aspects of the Land Use Value Program.
- Conduct research related to, but not limited to, land values and farm management. Supervise student(s) working on the Land Use Value Program.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Extension Assistant
TITLE: Extension Agricultural Economist, Kansas Farm Management Association, South Central (This is a joint appointment between KFMA SC and K-State Research and Extension)
LOCATION: Hutchinson, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applications will begin on March 6, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, three reference letters, and all official transcripts to assure a review. The starting date for the position is on or after July 6, 2015 and is negotiable with the KFMA, SC Board of Directors and KFMA Administrator.
DESCRIPTION: Plan and develop an Extension educational farm business management program for commercial farms cooperating with the Farm Management Association in South Central Kansas. Provide technical expertise to the area Extension educational program in farm management.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Extension Agricultural Economist - SC
TITLE: Program Assistant, Arthur Capper Cooperative Center
LOCATION: Department of Agricultural Economics, Kansas State University
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application deadline is December 1, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Questions about this position can be directed to Seleise Barrett at 785.532.1522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION: The individual in this position will:
- Collaborate on event planning and coordination for ACCC educational programs aimed at state, regional and national cooperative audiences;
- Promote, maintain and update online scholarship applications, communicate with scholarship applicants and collect information for the ACCC cooperative scholarship program;
- Manage, process and monitor the financial transactions and budget for the ACCC financial accounts, including the KSU Foundation accounts
- Manage financial transactions including invoices, contracts and speaker payments for ACCC educational programs.
- Use and continuously improve standard operating procedures for the ACCC financial and annual report processes
- Collaborate with ACCC team to maintain donor, client and donor record keeping databases;
- Serve as liaison for speakers, scholarship students and registrants for the K-State Symposium on Cooperative Issues and other ACCC educational programs.
- Draft and revise written promotional materials for the ACCC;
- Research cooperative topics and speakers on an as needed basis
- Prepare, create and update reports for ACCC annual report
- Create an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality while working in a multicultural setting
- Other related duties as assigned
LINK TO DESCRIPTION DETAILS: ACCC Program Assistant
TITLE: Assistant Professor, Agricultural Economics, 9-month appointment, tenure-track - GLOBAL FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
DESCRIPTION: Areas of teaching and research emphasis may include, but are not limited to logistics, supply chain analysis, transportation, optimization, global food security and/or international agribusiness. Furthermore, this position will contribute to the University’s Global Food Systems Initiative (www.ksu.edu/globalfood/). The Department is known for research and extension programs that addresses real-world problems in local, state, national, and global agriculture and agribusiness. More information on the Department can be found at www.ageconomics.ksu.edu.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Assistant Professor - GLOBAL FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
TITLE: Assistant Professor, Agricultural Economics, 9-month appointment, tenure-track - TEACHING
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
DESCRIPTION:Areas of teaching emphasis may include, but are not limited to agribusiness, agricultural finance, agricultural and commodity marketing, farm management, production economics, or risk management. The Department is known for research and extension programs that addresses real-world problems in local, state, national, and global agriculture and agribusiness. More information on the Department can be found at www.ageconomics.ksu.edu.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Assistant Professor - TEACHING
TITLE: Extension Specialist, Agricultural Economics, Assistant Professor or Instructor depending on academic degree
LOCATION: Southwest Research and Extension Center, Garden City, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
DESCRIPTION: The Department of Agricultural Economics at Kansas State University seeks to fill an extension specialist position based at the Southwest Research and Extension Center. The position is budgeted at 80% extension and 20% research. There is flexibility in the allocation of effort based on University needs and candidate experience.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Southwest Extension Specialist
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Kansas State University is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or other non merit reasons in employment as required by applicable laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries, has been delegated to Jane D. Rowlett, Ph.D., Director of Unclassified Affairs and University Compliance, Kansas State University, 204 Anderson Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0124
For more information, click here.