The K-State Department of Agricultural Economics hires and retains expert faculty and professional staff who are committed to advancing the departmental mission of improving economic choices and management decisions through teaching, research, and extension. When positions become available, we strive to select the best and brightest to contribute toward serving our various constituents, including individuals, families, farms, businesses, communities, organizations, and policy makers.
TITLE: Coordinator, Center for Risk Management Education and Research, flexible part-time schedule, 12-month position, with benefits.
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applications begins May 1, 2015. Application material (pdf files preferred) should be sent electronically to: Judy Maberry, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Risk Coordinator. Questions and inquires of interest may be directed to Ted Schroeder, email@example.com or 785-532-4488.
DESCRIPTION: The coordinator will have major responsibility for coordinating and managing all activities of the Center for Risk Management Education and Research. The Coordinator’s activities will include considerable collaborative work with the on-campus center leadership and affiliated faculty members; the K-State Foundation; industry partners; student fellows; and university staff and administration. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing communications and relationships with external industry supporters and clientele
- Managing meeting scheduling and notifications for Center activities
- Managing student and alumni records
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Providing support for seminar and workshop arrangements
- Managing the website and student profiles and blog
- Preparing and distributing newsletters and other media
- Assist with fundraising
- Maintaining income and expense flow records and account valuations
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Center Coordinator
TITLE: Extension Agricultural Economist, Kansas Farm Management Association, Northeast (This is a joint appointment between KFMA NE and K-State Research and Extension)
LOCATION: Hiawatha, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applications will begin on May 8, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, three reference letters, and all official transcripts to assure a review. The starting date for the position is on or after July 6, 2015 and is negotiable with the KFMA, NE Board of Directors and KFMA Administrator.
DESCRIPTION: Plan and develop an Extension educational farm business management program for commercial farms cooperating with the Farm Management Association in Northeast Kansas. Provide technical expertise to the area Extension educational program in farm management.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Extension Agricultural Economist - NE
TITLE: Program Assistant, Arthur Capper Cooperative Center Full-time, term unclassified position, subject to funding availability and performance review. The program assistant will work closely with the ACCC managing director.
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applications will begin March 27, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Questions about this position can be directed to Seleise Barrett at 785 532-1522 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials should be sent to Mary Winnie at email@example.com.
DESCRIPTION: The individual in this position will:
- Collaborate on event planning and coordination for ACCC educational programs aimed at state, regional and national cooperative audiences;
- Promote, maintain and update online scholarship applications, communicate with scholarship applicants and collect information for the ACCC cooperative scholarship program;
- Manage, process and monitor the financial transactions and budget for the ACCC financial accounts, including the KSU Foundation accounts
- Manage financial transactions including invoices, contracts and speaker payments for ACCC educational programs.
- Use and continuously improve standard operating procedures for the ACCC financial and annual report processes
- Collaborate with ACCC team to maintain donor, client and donor record keeping databases;
- Serve as liaison for speakers, scholarship students and registrants for the K-State Symposium on Cooperative Issues and other ACCC educational programs.
- Draft and revise written promotional materials for the ACCC;
- Research cooperative topics and speakers on an as needed basis
- Prepare, create and update reports for ACCC annual report
- Create an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality while working in a multicultural setting
- Other related duties as assigned
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: ACCC Program Assistant
TITLE: Extension Assistant, Land Use Value Program
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due March 23, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Conduct activities used to establish the net return of dryland, irrigated land and grassland in Kansas.
- Collect and analyze data on commodity prices, yields, rental rates, expenses, etc. from government agencies, published data, and surveys.
- Conduct multiple surveys annually, both electronically and hard copy.
- Collect and analyze survey data.
- Update and maintain survey instruments and multiple databases.
- Implement procedures and provide documentation of procedures used in all aspects of the Land Use Value Program.
- Conduct research related to, but not limited to, land values and farm management. Supervise student(s) working on the Land Use Value Program.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Extension Assistant
TITLE: Extension Agricultural Economist, Kansas Farm Management Association, South Central (This is a joint appointment between KFMA SC and K-State Research and Extension)
LOCATION: Hutchinson, Kansas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applications will begin on March 6, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, three reference letters, and all official transcripts to assure a review. The starting date for the position is on or after July 6, 2015 and is negotiable with the KFMA, SC Board of Directors and KFMA Administrator.
DESCRIPTION: Plan and develop an Extension educational farm business management program for commercial farms cooperating with the Farm Management Association in South Central Kansas. Provide technical expertise to the area Extension educational program in farm management.
LINK TO DESCRIPTION: Extension Agricultural Economist - SC
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Kansas State University is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or other non merit reasons in employment as required by applicable laws and regulations. Please visit the Office of Institutional Equity for more information.
For more information, click here.